Vulcanaer is a novel retrofit regenerative hybrid engine system for diesel buses and trucks, developed at, and spun out from, Brunel University London.
It converts the bus engine into an air pump during deceleration. It captures the braking energy as compressed air for subsequent use, including augmenting the vehicle air systems through the compressor and/or turbo-assist and/or stop/start operation.
- reduces emissions
- saves money (reduced fuel)
- is simple (uses only known & proven parts)
- is low cost (no capex required; no subsidy required)
- is easy to adopt (retrofit in half a day)
- is low risk (no change to base operation or driveability)
- is well protected for exploitation (international patents)
- is even appropriate for OEM application
Vulcanaer Ltd is now participating in the Advanced Propulsion Centre’s Technology Developer Accelerator Programme (TDAP). http://www.apcuk.co.uk/article/apc-welcomes-12-innovators-technology-developer-accelerator-programme/
TDAP will support the company to accelerate both its commercial and technical development plans.
Interested to trial with us or get more information on our proven technology?
email: Averil.Horton@Brunel.ac.uk or Averil.Horton@www.vulcanaer.co.uk
phone number: +44 1895 266390